Easy, healthy, and delicious meal idea for kids. Chicken kabobs! Check out this recipe from the cookbook, Real Food Diet, by Dr. Axe.
Kids love eating food on a stick, right? I love to eat food on a stick. So, instead of corn dogs on a stick, why not make them something healthy and delicious.
When I’ve tried grilling or broiling Kabob’s for my family, I always burn the sticks. This time was different, thanks to the instruction I was following in a cookbook “soak the kabob sticks in water for at least 2 hours!!” Genius! I have no idea why I didn’t know this (while I’m sure the rest of you did) It worked beautifully, and the chicken Kabobs turned out delicious!
This recipe is shared with permission from the cookbook by Dr. Josh Axe’s, The Real Food Diet Cookbook.
Chicken Kabobs with Asian Dipping Sauce
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/2 red onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1-2 bell peppers, chopped in large pieces
- Soak Kabob sticks in water for at least 2 hours!! (very important)
- Slide Meat and vegetables onto kabobs
- Grill or broil until done.
- 1 TBL. honey
- 1/2 cup cashews (or 4 tablespoons cashew butter)
- 2 TBL. Fresh lime juice (I actually used lemon, and it still turned out amazing)
- 1 tsp. fresh minced ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 TBL. Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 TBL water
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Ooo, la la! Totally divine and we’ll definitely making these again, if not often. It was so easy, delicious, and fast. There were no leftovers.
What do your kids like to put on your dinner kabobs?
If you need more dinner ideas, please check out our meal plan service! We add 28 new recipes each week and design a meal plan with kids in mind that are packed full of fruits and veggies! Learn more about it here.