I’ve got a birthday party to put together in two days! Luckily, TJ decided to go the route of “invite two friends and go bowling”! I love it when they make that choice. The kids either get to go somewhere and bring one or two friends, or we can have a party at home, and they can invite several. So, although there will only be 3, eight year olds participating, we can still have it be fun and healthy! So, I’m thinking….
What’s better than a beach party in the winter? Although we are going bowling, we can still plan a few fun things back at our place.
1) Beach Volleyball! I love these beach balls. Yes, they pop easily, but that’s why we buy them by the bag full. (Fifty Cents a ball from Oriental Trading) We move a couch into the middle of the floor, with one team on one side of the couch, and another team on the other. Then hit the ball back and forth without letting the ball hit the floor. To make it crazy, try two or three balls at a time.
2) You could decorate flip flops (if it were a girls party, which this is not)
3) Make Pina Colada’s of course! We used:
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 TBL honey
- 1 cup ice
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth!
4) Listen to the Beach Boys and do the Limbo!
5) Make Lei’s with fake flowers and string. Make your own grass skirts with raffia from the craft store and have a dance! If you are really brave, let the boys juggle maraca’s.
So, there you have it! Birthday parties don’t have to center on Pizza, cake and ice cream, Instead they can be simple and fun.
(Here was our last birthday party- of course Erica chose the stay at home party because she can’t decide on just two friends.)
And WOW! I just found this one from TJ’s fifth birthday party! And he turns 9 on Monday. I’ve been blogging forever!