Sweet & Tangy Peach BBQ Chicken Tenders
- 1/2 medium – onion
- 1 medium – bell pepper, red
- 3 medium – peach
- 3 clove – garlic
- 1 tablespoon – olive oil
- 1/4 cup – vinegar, cider
- 2 tablespoon – Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup – honey
- 1 teaspoon – mustard, ground
- 1 teaspoon – chili powder
- 2 pound – chicken breast
- 1 – cooking spray
- Dice half an onion, 1 red bell pepper, and 2 cups worth of peaches. Mince garlic.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, then diced onion and red bell pepper. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups diced peaches. Saute for 5-10 more minutes, until everything is very soft. Add 3 cloves minced garlic and saute for another minute.
- Remove from the heat and spoon the mixture into a blender. Add the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Now slice 2 pounds of chicken breasts into thick strips or “tenders.” Poke each piece with a fork several times.
- Combine half of the sauce and the chicken in a large container. Cover and allow to marinate for 30 minutes to 8 hours in the fridge.
- To cook, heat a frying pan over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes per side, adding extra sauce near the end of cooking.
- OR to grill, use medium-high heat and brush the rack with oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side, brushing with extra sauce at the end.
Serve with remaining sauce – and you’ll still likely have a good amount left over.
FIND MORE RECIPES AT SUPERHEALTHYKIDS.COM