Crispy Baked Tofu Nuggets
- 32 ounce – Tofu, firm
- 1/2 cup – olive oil
- 1/2 cup – flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 cup – Cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon – onion powder
- 1/4 cup – nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Drain the blocks of tofu, and cut each block into six rectangular slabs.
- Pat the slabs with a towel until they are good and dry, then cut each slab in half twice to make four nuggets per slab.
- Pour the olive oil into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and set aside.
- In a gallon freezer bag, combine the whole wheat flour, cornmeal, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and nutritional yeast.
- In batches, dunk nuggets into olive oil, then add them to the bag and shake until they’re well coated.
- Arrange the nuggets close together on your baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, flip, then bake 15 minutes more.
- Serve hot with ketchup, barbecue, or your favorite sauce for dipping.
FIND MORE RECIPES AT SUPERHEALTHYKIDS.COM