Guess what we are having for dinner?
- Lauren is making Black bean soup.
- Cara is making Roasted Salmon with kale and tahini
- Nicole is making Fettuccine Alfredo with chicken
- and I am making Fish and Avocado taco’s!
We already talked about why avocado’s were good for your heart, but fish is AMAZING!
Rich in Omega 3 Fats, fish contributes to lower blood pressure, lowering risk of heart attacks, and reduces inflammation. Fish is rich in calcium and phosphorus and a great source of minerals, such as iron, zinc, iodine, magnesium, and potassium.
We really only started eating fish this year, since we started preparing it for our meal planning site. And thank goodness! I had no idea my family would be so willing to eat it!
You better believe they were all over these fish taco’s! They were amazing with the avocado and tomatoes, and a touch of white sauce.
|Love Your Heart with Fish and Avocado Taco Recipe||
- 4 Tilapia Fillet’s
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1-2 avocados
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
- White sauce:
- 2 TBL plain yogurt
- 2 TBL light mayo
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Cook Tilapia in oven at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Layer fish, avocados, lettuce, and tomatoes in a corn tortilla
- Top with the white sauce.