Healthy Morning Glory Muffins
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 green apple, grated
- 2 cups grated carrots (about 3 medium carrots)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Stir in carrots, apple, coconut, walnuts, and seeds, until they are coated with the flour mixture.
- Beat together eggs, vanilla, OJ, honey, and coconut oil (make sure coconut oil is a liquid. If not, warm just to melt.)
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large mixing bowl full of the dry ingredients and add-ins.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Portion the batter into a muffin pan (we like silicone). Fill each cup right to the top with batter. (You'll have enough batter for 17 muffins)
- Bake for 20 minutes, until the tops are firm to the touch.
- Store leftovers at room temperature for one day, then refrigerate for up to five days, or freeze for up to three months.
FIND MORE RECIPES AT SUPERHEALTHYKIDS.COM