Many people ask us how we handle all the junk food at Halloween time in our home. We actually found the best strategy for us is rather than stress about it, we instead stress healthy food! So, when signups came around for the 4th grade Halloween party, I signed up for a Fruit and Veggie tray! Both of these trays I saw on Pinterest. This was so easy, I literally put both trays together in under 10 minutes (including photos!)
Our Halloween pumpkin fruit tray, we used oranges and Green apples (with paper party cups for the dip).
Need help making Halloween Healthy this year?
- Check out Burnt Apples list on things you can do with your Halloween candy (besides eat it!)
- Check out our Healthy Halloween recipes
- Have some veggie loaded creamy chicken soup for dinner.
- If your kids are getting candy and goodies from everyone, everywhere- make sure they are drinking lots of water and they balance it out with good, solid, well-balanced, high fruit and veggie meals.
- Get them to bed at a decent hour!
- Let your kids enjoy their treats today, and let them know you will be setting limits tomorrow, then enforce the limits!
Here are my little goblins today: