Best-Ever Whole Wheat Waffles
- 2 + 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Plug in waffle iron to preheat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together milk and apple cider vinegar.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, then add it to the bowl along with the eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and vanilla. Whisk again until well-combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Dump the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, and stir until just combined. Some lumps are OK!
- Pour batter into the waffle iron, one half cup at a time, and cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Cool leftover waffles completely before storing in freezer bags in the fridge or freezer.
FIND MORE RECIPES AT SUPERHEALTHYKIDS.COM