I have 2 quarts of Mott’s Garden Blend Vegetable juice. It has tomato, celery, carrot, and parsley juice. I had no luck getting my kids to try to drink the juice, so instead I found a recipe to use it in. We tried some homemade burgers and homemade fries for dinner last night, using this recipe, from Southern Living Magazine. The recipe has you soak three slices of bread in tomato juice, then add it to the hamburger patty mixture. The only change I made was to use whole wheat bread to soak with juice, instead of white. Plus I added about 1 cup of oats, because it seemed to hold the patties together a little better.
Adding the vegetable juice was great! There was so much more flavor than I’ve ever had in a burger. This is a recipe I’ll bookmark for sure. As I’m making them, my smart alleck 12 year old said, “What’s cooking? Yamburgers?” LOL.. poor kids gets a lot of experiments around here.
So, now with 1 1/2 quarts of juice left, we’ve got to get creative. Here are 9 other things you can do with vegetable juice that we thought of:
- Freeze the juice in an ice cube tray to be used next time we make vegetable soups.
- Freeze the juice in baggies to be used in a fruit/ vegetable smoothie.
- Add it to spaghetti sauce or chili to stretch your sauce a little further.
- Combine with oil and vinegar for a flavored salad dressing.
- Add it to BBQ sauce for marinating meat
- Use to flavor the water when cooking rice or Quinoa. (maybe this one?) My friend has made this quinoa recipe and loves it!
- Gazpacho. Have you tried it? I haven’t, but this recipe looks from All You Magazine delish.
- Replace some of the broth in this multi bean soup with vegetable juice.
- And of course, if you could be so lucky to enjoy it, DRINK IT!
So don’t let vegetable juice scare you! If anything, those burgers are amazing!
Now onto a new meal plan:
|Monday||Muffins/ and Bananas||Mini Bagel Sandwich with sprouts and cucumbers||String cheese with Olives||Deep Dish Veggie pizza|
|Tuesday||Smoothies||Shredded vegetable and turkey wrap||Apples with nut butter||Sweet and sour chicken|
|Wednesday||Eggs with Toast||Pasta Salad with tomatoes and olives||Carrots with Hummus||Chunky chicken potato soup|
|Thursday||Applesauce with toast||PB & J with apple and carrots||Peaches and walnuts||Garden Pasta|
|Friday||Oatmeal with strawberries||Veggie Sandwich (lettuce, tomatoes, and onions)||Homemade granola bars||Mushroom Risotto with chicken|
* Visit our archives page for more free meal plans!
* I did receive the bottle of Mott’s Vegetable Juice for free.